Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Topic: Call to Action

Get INVOLVED! First I want to encourage you to learn about what you have around you. I did not realize what a beautiful and historic place we live in and there are people working everyday to conserve this. The Appalachian Trail is a life changing adventure and there are not enough young people getting involved. Hike, give back, become a member or at the least google it.


As it pertains to my major, again get involved. We learn so much from our professors but we need to apply what we are learning. Volunteering at a non-profit is a great way to increase your personal skills and your resume. It may seem lame to be unpaid but think about it you are paying to go to school, here you can get experience for free. Giving back is a great way to get experience and fulfill your social obligations. What I have learned through my experience so far at ATC has is essential to my career. Why is it essential? First, because it has given me the experience I need to succeed. Second, because it has given me the confidence to apply what I have learned.Third, because it has opened up a new world of opportunity. I am excited about learning and communicating all that ATC does for hikers, land and the animals on the trail as well as the business foundation I have learned behind the scenes. So I encourage all of my fellow classmates to get involved in what we have in our area. Because I thought I would have to leave town and move to a big city to learn more and apply my skills. However, I am working at the Corporate Headquarters for the entire Appalachian Trail in little Harpers Ferry. It is an amazing opportunity and building block for my career. So, GET INVOLVED, start local, do research, find what you love, and give back.


No comments:

Post a Comment